So, I got an email today due to my clear lack of inspiration when it comes to gay dating. As I’ve said, my crocheting classes start this week and I’ve put in an order for the “Cat Lady Starter Kit” which provides four small kittens.
However, this email claimed that Joseph Atkins had in fact reviewed all these apps and provides gay dating advice on his blog, so before I post his reviews, I had to ask him a few questions…
You can also check out his blog HERE for those of you that still have hope.
And now… his reviews…
As you are probably aware, there are countless free dating sites and mobile apps out there. But which one should you choose? We have weeded through hundreds of apps to bring you this list of the most popular and most user-friendly. These are the 25 that we have deemed the cream of the crop. Start downloading and enjoy!
- Match.com: one of the largest matchmaking sites on the Internet, Match.com has a large gay user base in addition to their straight users. Their website is mobile-friendly, and they have a free mobile app for Android as well. Visit Mobile Site | Download: Android
It’s FREE to look at Match.com. Click here for a 20% off coupon.
- Chemistry.com: boasts a personality test that is designed to match you up with a compatible partner. For gays and straights alike, Chemistry.com has millions of members ready to meet up. The Chemistry.com site should load just fine on most mobile smartphones. Visit Site
Click here to get two free months on a new Chemistry.com membership.
- Zoosk: one of the most popular mobile social networking dating platforms, Zoosk allows you to log in with your Facebook account and make dating a social networking experience. As you would expect, their website is mobile-friendly. They also have a free mobile app for Android and iOS and Facebook app. Visit Mobile Site | Download: Android | iOS
Click here to sign up for a free Zoosk account.
- OutPersonals.com: features worldwide gay personals. Find gay men who seek other gay men and hook up online, over a video chat, or in person. Members have access to thousands of user profiles. OutPersonals is part of the FriendFinder network, so you can download the All FriendFinder mobile app to stay connected.Visit Mobile Site | Download: Android | iOS
Click here to join OutPersonals.com for free.
- SeniorPeopleMeet.com: if you’re looking for older gay men, look no further. SeniorPeopleMeet.com is also for straight singles, but there is a large user base of older (50+) gay men looking to date and hookup. The SeniorPeopleMeet.com website should work on most mobile smartphones. Visit Site
Joining SeniorPeopleMeet is free by clicking here.
- Grindr: probably the most popular free gay dating app on the market, Grindr is a location-based application for meeting gay, bi, and curious guys for dating and socializing. Grindr uses your cellular network or Wi-Fi signal to identify your physical location so you can chat, network, and mingle with guys in your neighborhood. Download: Android | iOS
- Jack’d: connect with over 3.5 million gay guys with this easy to use gay dating app. Features include push notification, match finder, multiple photos, extended profile filtering, favorites list and unlimited message exchanges. Language support in English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, and Spanish. Download: Android | iOS
- Scruff: whether you are a bear, jock, or simple guy, Scruff connects you with guys in your neighborhood who want to meet. With Scruff, you can post your picture and profile details, browse photos of guys near you, rate your guys, track who is interested in you, and exchange text and picture messages. Download: Android | iOS| Windows
- Boyahoy: with boyahoy, you are able to instantly meet men in your backyard or around the world. This app connects you with millions of men looking to flirt, date, and fall in love. Use the app to find a party, make new friends, and meet people of all types and walks of life. Download: Android | iOS
- GuySpy: the most sophisticated all male location-based mobile social gay dating app, GuySpy allows users to find, meet, and chat with men faster and easier then other sites. Users can find gay men by location, view profiles and photos, upload and listen to voice greetings, and send and receive pictures. Download: Android |iOS.
- Bender: the gay dating app for Android, Bender uses a stylish user interface and is one of the easiest to use gay dating apps around. Features chat interface in multiple languages with built-in translation support, the ability to search outside your city, and a filter to narrow your search to find that perfect guy. Download: Andriod | iOs
- Hornet: the ultimate app for gay chatting and dating, Hornet features profiles with multiple pictures and an explore feature to find guys in cities all over the world. Sends push notifications when someone sends you a message, or use the notes feature to jot down interesting tidbits about your guy. Download: Android
- Mister: this location-based dating app is geared towards older men and hot guys. The mission of Mister is to create a healthy alternative to meat-market apps. This app encourages older gay men to never lie about their age and just be themselves. Download: Android | iOS
- Manhunt: the Manhunt gay dating app gets you chatting, flirting, and ogling over 4 million gay/bi/curious men almost instantaneously. With this app, you can quickly find guys nearby who want to chat, meet for coffee, or hook up. Billed as the world’s biggest gay hookup site, Manhunt can be your ticket to a hot night. Download: Android | iOS
- Growlr: this is the gay dating app for all you bears out there. With over 2 million members, Growlr is one of the largest bear dating apps around. You can view profiles, receive private messages, pictures, and voice memos. Also provides you with bear run and bear bar listings. Download: Android | iOS
- Plenty of Fish: join the over 55 million singles that exchange more than 200 million message a week on this free dating site! Plenty of Fish is the king of the free dating sites, and offers users free messaging, location-based dating, image uploading, and more. The Plenty of Fish Chemistry Test ensures your matches will connect with your wants and desires. Download: Android | iOS
- Adam4Adam: this gay dating app is increasingly becoming more and more popular in the gay community, and we can see why. Features push notifications, location-based meet ups, email, detailed search functionality, and so many more great things that are too much to list here! Download: Android | iOS
- Planet Romeo: this gay dating app takes a different approach from the others. After ten years offering gay dating services, the people at Planet Romeo understand your desires for using their site—to meet and hook up with hot guys. To help you get there, they let you publish your preferences, fetishes, and favorite activities. Download: Android | iOS
- Hot Gay Dating: this gay dating app is totally free and features an uncensored version that includes some hot pics. This app allows you to discover real gays who are looking for great guys like you. Features photos and the ability to find new contacts near you. Download: Android
- Cybermen: the gay chat and dating specialist, Cybermen is free, fast, and effective at hooking you up with a great guy. With Cybermen, you can live chat, send pictures, create and view photo albums, and locate users connected near you. By using the search option, you can sort by location, age, and area. Download: Android
- Hot Gay Men Causal Dating: with millions of members, it’s a good chance you can find your dream man using this app. Once you sign in for free, you’re instantly connected to men looking for guys just like you. Whether you connect via instant message, email, or video chat, you have lots of options. Download: Android
- Cupid’s Chat: connect with thousands of gay and lesbians all over the world with this free app. Chat with real people in real time. No fake profiles. The people behind this chat service understand that your privacy and safety are important to you and include spam filters and the ability to block users. Download: Android
- Girls Date Girls: this lesbian dating community includes millions of women looking for their true love. Gay, bi-sexual, and bi-curious are welcome. Girls of all ages are looking to chat, meet, flirt, fall in love, you name it—it’s happening at Girls Date Girls. Download: Android
- CoconutBoy: this 100% free app allows you to chat and upload pictures. It features real time notifications, various filtering options, an instant chat function, distance information, and photo animation. This app is 100% free. Download: Android
- Gay Radar: transform your phone into radar to find hot guys who want to date. Take a look at the map for local gays in your neighborhood. With this app, you can see all the gay people who are located within a set radius, follow them online, and send messages. Download: Android